FRONT INNER FENDER ARMOR
Protects plastic inner fenders and front of floor boards
from sticks and trail debris thrown up by front tires
- Stops sticks and trail debris from breaking through plastic
- Protects plastic inner fender and front of floor boards
- Strong aircraft-grade aluminum construction
- Mounts to frame at multiple points for superior strength
- Contoured to fit tightly with inner fenders
- Maintains maximum tire clearance
- Complete, kit installs easily in about an hour
- Available in bare aluminum or powdercoated black
2014 & newer RZR XP 1000
2014 & newer RZR XP-4 1000
2016 & newer RZR XP Turbo
2016 & newer RZR XP-4 Turbo
2015 - 2017 RZR 900 XC
2015 & newer RZR-S 900
2015 - 2018 RZR-4 900
2016 & newer RZR-S 1000
- May not fit RZR 900 Trail (50" wide) models if equipped with larger tires
- Does NOT fit 2018 & newer RZR XP Turbo S and XP-4 Turbo S (72" wide models)
- Requires loosening/partial removal of aftermarket skid plates for installation
- Made in USA
Check around and you'll find a surprising number of people who have had a stick break right through the plastic floor of their RZR. When riding trails, the front tire is constantly throwing everything against the plastic floor and inner fenders. Usually, this trail debris just bouces off. But occasionally, a stick will get wedged up in between the tire and the plastic and something has to give. When the stick breaks through the plastic and comes flying up right under your feet and legs, this will surely grab your attention and can even cause injury. Then, after you get home and take a closer look at the damage, you'll see that it's a major job (and expensive) to repair or replace the broken plastic floor board & inner fender panel.
Thunderhawk Performance designed this inner fender armor kit to protect the floor and inner fenders from this damage, by stopping a stick before it breaks the plastic. We selected aircraft-grade aluminum (skid plate material) for these inner fender guards and mounted them directly to the frame at multiple points for optimum strength and light weight. The lower edge of these guards are mounted to the frame at three places (on each side) so that any impacts with trail-debris will transfer to the frame, reducing the likelyhood that the plastic floorboards may crack from the impact. These guards are formed to fit tightly with the stock inner fenders to maintain maximum tire clearance, allowing most popular over- size tires to fit.
Thunderhawk inner fender armor is precision CNC manufactured in the USA and is designed to fit with the stock Polaris skid plate as well as most aftermarket skid plates. This kit includes all pieces for two front inner fender guards and all necessary installation hardware & illustrated instructions, and is available in bare aluminum or with optional black powdercoat finish (adds $45.00). Installs easily in about an hour (with stock skid plates). Made in USA.
NOTE: In addition to our regular, step-by-step installation instructions for this Inner Fender Armor Kit, our instructions also include a section with general notes, instructions and diagrams to assist in installing this kit with aftermarket UHMW skid plates. With dozens of companies offering their own UHMW skid plates, there are simply too many variations in design & construction between all of these skid plates for us to provide exact details for the installation of this kit with every possible brand of skid plate. In general, the leading edge of the main body of the skid plate must be loosened and/or pulled down to gain access to the diagonal frame tube. Please be aware that customers with aftermarket skid plates will need to:
1. At a minimum, loosen the front edge of the skid plate (along the diagonal frame tube) to allow for installation of this kit
2. May need to remove some bolts at the front edge of the skid plate and along the rocker panel in order to pull it down to access the diagonal frame tube
3. If equipped, may need to trim some of the upward-bent front lip of the skid plate (if it rises above the top of the diagonal frame tube)
4. Allow extra time for installation to fit this kit with aftermarket skid plates
DISCLAIMER: Thunderhawk Performance, Inc. cannot guarantee that this kit will stop every possible object and is not responsible for any damage to property, life or limb. Always be aware of the terrain and exercise extreme caution when driving your RZR.