2016 & NEWER
DOUBLE-SHEAR RADIUS ROD MOUNT FRAME BRACE
True double-shear design is strongest available
Better than cage-style radius rod encosures
- Strongest design available (patent-pending)
- Upgrades frame to true double-shear radius rod mounting, increasing strength by 100%
- Mounts to frame at additional points both above and below radius rods -
suspension loads are no longer concentrated on just the four radius rod holes
- Eliminates "egging-out" & cracking of radius rod mounting holes
- Makes differential fluid service and radius rod removal easy
- Fits with stock or aftermarket radius rods*, and also with most rear bumpers & cage extensions
- Durable black powdercoat finish
- Complete kit installs easily in about 30-45 minutes
- Fits 2016 & newer Polaris RZR XP 1000, XP-4 1000, XP Turbo and XP-4 Turbo
- Does NOT fit RZR XP Turbo S (72" wide model) or RS-1 (single-seat)
- Made in USA
* Does NOT fit on the High-Lifter, Gold Matte LE, or Trails & Rocks Edition models, or any RZR equipped with Polaris #2879523 high-clearance radius rod kit.
The Polaris RZR XP 1000 and XP Turbo have a rear trailing arm suspension with radius rods. This design provides camber changes throughout the suspension travel to improve handling. The stock Polaris radius rods are mounted to the frame in a weak single-shear fashion, with a separate sheet metal stiffener plate added to the rear. Thunderhawk Performance was the first company to identify this weakness and developed the first double-shear upgrade for the RZR radius rods. Thunderhawk's patent-pending double-shear design has been proven to be the superior solution to strengthening the RZR radius rods.
Thunderhawk Performance has developed this patent-pending radius rod mount to upgrade the stock RZR's suspension from a single-shear radius rod mount to a much stronger double-shear design. The Thunderhawk double-shear radius rod mount replaces the original stiffener plate and features additional frame mounting points (at both the top and bottom) to securely mount the Thunderhawk double-shear plate directly to the frame, without relying only on the four radius rod bolts for mounting. Thunderhawk's double-shear mount creates a second frame mount for the radius rods that is securely attached directly to the frame to support the rear of the radius rods. With the radius rods now supported on both the front (through the stock frame) and the rear (through the Thunderhawk double-shear plate), we have doubled the strength of the radius rod mounts, eliminating damaging flex and stopping the problem of deforming, elongating (egging-out) & cracking around the radius rod mounting holes in the RZR frame. Thunderhawk's double-shear design provides a major benefit by increasing frame and suspension strength, and is superior to any other rear radius rod plates or cages. Thunderhawk's patent-pending double-shear mounting is the only engineered solution that actually improves the frame design and strengthens the frame to handle the suspension forces encountered in real-world RZR driving conditions, whether racing or just for regular trail-riding.
The Thunderhawk double-shear radius rod mount features a differential fluid service access hole, and is designed to fit with Polaris-brand and most aftermarket bumpers or rear roll cages that use the Polaris-style mounts. Another nice feature offered by Thunderhawk's double-shear design is the fact that this plate is mounted directly to the frame (independent from the four radius rod bolts) making rear suspension work much easier and allowing the radius rods to be removed and re-installed easily. Anyone who has removed their radius rods has discovered what a pain it can be to install the radius rods with the stock set-up.
The RZR XP 1000 & XP Turbo have become as common on tight & rough wooded trails as they were originally in the sand dunes. Riding in either environment has proven to lead to frame damage, even at slower speeds. We can confidently say that this part will benefit almost all RZR XP's by strengthening this weak area of the RZR frame. The Thunderhawk Performance double-shear radius rod mount installs in about 30-45 minutes. Durable black powdercoat finish. Does NOT fit RZR XP Turbo S (72" wide model) or RS-1 (single-seat). Made in USA.
* NOTE: This double-shear plate will NOT fit on the High-Lifter, Gold Matte LE or Trails & Rocks Edition models, or any RZR equipped with Polaris #2879523 high-clearance radius rod kit.